Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hello from Idaho!


    Man! Well yesterday I flew in from Provo, kinda took a weird route up here though. Monday morning we woke up at 1:30 and took a bus to SLC, flew from there to Oakland CA, (don't ask me why?) And then from there went to Boise! Finally around 1:00 in the afternoon we got to Nampa. There were 28 Missionaries that came up on the flight with us! All of them were headed to Nampa! Once we got in we went straight to the church building and had some lunch and did some other training stuff. After lunch we went out and did some door to door tracting  just in the neighborhood with some temporary companions. After we finished that we went back to the church for dinner and were finally assigned our companions and our areas!  I will be serving in McCall Idaho, with Elder Young from Logan, Utah  for the next 6 weeks! I am so excited to be here! It is really a cool town! So beautiful! Anyways, we were supposed to drive back up to McCall from Nampa last night, but we were both way to tired! So we spent the night in Ontario with some other missionaries. I didn't get to go to sleep until about 11:00.  This morning drove to McCall then we went and did some service, helped a lady in the ward move! And now we are just settling in and getting ready for the week! I am so happy to be out of the MTC and into the field! There is actually a baptism this Saturday that is a convert from the missionaries that were here before me! I would send some pictures of what it looks like up here but I still have not had a chance to go buy a cord for my camera! (I guess computers with SD slots aren't that common up here in the boonies!)   Anyways! I am doing great! I hope that everyone is doing well back at home! I had a fantastic birthday! Thanks so much for all the treats and birthday wishes! I've got a big winter ahead of me full of snowmobiling, skiing, and snowboarding!  =)  Just kidding. I really am kinda just following my trainer right now! Elder Young is an awesome guy! I know that we will work great together! But I don't have too much to say because I really still don't know exactly what is going on! Just trying to transition between that MTC to Mission life!  I'm super excited though! I know that this is the Lord's work and I can't wait to really start to get out there and help spread the gospel.  Love you all, Miss you all! I will send pictures next week!

                                - Elder Maynard!  

Here is my address (for the next 6 weeks only) 

Elder Maynard 
P.O box 192 
McCall Idaho 83638  

No comments:

Post a Comment