Monday, December 9, 2013

Week #9 Rise up like the Son, and labor til the work is done.

Greetings from McCall Idaho,

   So I am starting to think that when someone up here says, "but you've never experienced a McCall Winter!" They don't realize that it snows anywhere else in the world. It's been 50's all week and just rainy! I think when it finally does snow it will end up being the same as i have always experienced back home! Either way I can not wait for it to actually start snowing! On the other hand the rain has been really nice this last week because we did a ton of service! I love doing the service though, its a good break and really good use of our time in the early afternoons. We helped two people move this week, and they were each big moves! I think it was Elder Steiner that said "when i signed up to be a missionary I didn't realize that I was signing up to be a moving company, a family therapist etc. . " I love that! This last week we were defiantly a moving company! Its good though, probably helps us to stay in shape because of all our Idaho meat and potato dinners. Speaking of dinners, Thanksgiving was awesome! We got to eat with a family down in Cascade that just sent their son off on a mission. So we were sorta like the replacements for him. It was way fun, we just ate a ton of really good food. It was a good solid traditional Thanksgiving feast! I
realized that I have a lot to be thankful for, especially serving as a missionary. There are so many blessings coming into my life because I am in the service of the lord. After that feast we went back to McCall and visited one of our favorite investigators! When we finally rolled up they were standing around a campfire eating goose! I have never had goose! (now I have) It was actually really good, one of their kids actually shot it last week right before our teaching appointment with him.   As we were driving over we came around the corner and he was sledding down the road with his rifle slung around his back and the goose in tow. It was way to funny. Then we ended up eating it! We had one of my favorite service opportunities yet Saturday morning after Thanksgiving we joined the ward for their "Christmas Tree cutting party!" Our job was to find trees for the older widows etc. in our wards. It was way fun to be able to go out and find our own "Grizwald family tree"




I think that it is a tradition that I would like to start up in my own family! It was way fun though, the Campbell's got a tree that was bigger than their van! We even got a little Charley Brown tree for our house! It really was an awesome week! We were noticing that all of the major holidays are going to take place in this transfer so we are getting really excited about that!  So, I think that I may have found my new favorite missionary scripture! I hope that one day soon I will be able to be as good as a missionary as Alma! 

 Alma 29:1-2  
1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
 2 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

Also,

"Rise up like the Son, and labor till the work is done!"
                                              -Brandon Flowers
Labor on boys! We are in the service of the lord!
Love Elder Maynard!

No comments:

Post a Comment