Monday, December 23, 2013

Week #12 First Baptism!

Merry Christmas!
  
      Sorry, I don't have a lot of time today, so its going to be short and sweet!  We had a very Christmas oriented week! We have been doing a ton of service which awesome, because i feel like service is at the heart of the Christmas spirit. Plus this last Wednesday we went down to Nampa for the Christmas Zone conference! We did a white elephant gift exchange which was pretty awesome! I got a sandwich skillet! (I've used it just about every day since) Elder Nelson, (one of the Ap's) got a "buns of steel" work out video! Which is pretty hilarious because he is so strict. There was tons of awesome music and Christmas stories. I've said it before but I will say it again. I love it when all the missionaries meet together! The spirit is so strong! So all day Saturday we split wood for a family that has just moved in. I don't know if I have mentioned them, but they basically have nothing. No furniture, food, dishes, Christmas, and the list goes on! But over the last two weeks with the help of the ward we have gotten them taken care of, and most importantly turned their house into a home! Splitting wood was fun though. We did about 3 cords of wood. I think each of the rounds that we split weighed around 200 -300 lbs. They were giant! So after a day of wrestling those around and throwing the wood into the trailer, I was pretty sore. But you forget about all the pain when you see how big of an impact that it makes on the family! We have a lot you guys! Soooo much to be thankful for! Anyways, That family came to church  the next day and we held a special gospel principals class for the mother. She broke down and just expressed how much love she has for all of us. And how she feels like she is finally "home!" I was so happy! But it gets better when she says this. . "how can I learn more about this church!?" That right there was probably the best Christmas present we could have asked for! I am so excited to continue to help this family and teach them more about how the gospel we have will bless her family soo much! So last Friday we had a Baptism! It was a young boy (14) named James! It was such a good program! We actually got all of the young men involved, one was doing the baptism and all the speakers were youth! But the most impressive part was that there were over 60 people at the baptism!!! (that is almost as many come to sacrament meeting!!) I was so excited to see the support that was there & I think James was a little overwhelmed by the attendance! The spirit was so strong the whole evening! Another cool thing is that about 10 of the people who were there, were non-members! Things are going really good here in McCall! I can't wait for Christmas! We have plans all over the place to visit, I'm excited to see everyone's traditions and get to talk to my family! This truly is a special time of year! Especially in the service of the Lord!    Church is true!
            Merry Christmas!
     - Elder Maynard

No comments:

Post a Comment